Thread: nvidia GeForce FX 5200 card driver incompatible with GeForce 7600GS ?? - 4 monitors

Vista Resolution on Generic PnP Monitor on HP Pavilion DV2023TU La

I have a Dell Notebook which I recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium. This laptop is running with GeForce Go 7200 Display Adapter, Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family Video Driver, etc. Since I upgraded it to Vista, muy Welcome Screen is automatically set at 800x600 resolution and monitor is showing up as Generic PnP Monitor. I realized that the problem is because of missing correct drivers.

Hence I went to Nvidia’s official website and downloaded the required drivers but when I try downloading the same I get an error with message saying something like the hardware for the drivers cannot be found on my system. Even installing these drivers manually from .inf file won’t work properly.

So can anyone here please tell me how can I can install the required drivers on this system, no matter by forcing Vista to do the same? Please help.

Re: nvidia GeForce FX 5200 card driver incompatible with GeForce 7600GS ?? - 4 monitors

You might be downloading wrong version of the drivers. As far as I know v 96.85 for Vista are the correct drivers that will be compatible with both graphic cards mentioned in the subject. Try the same.