Thread: Invalid Drive H:

Invalid Drive H:

I am getting error saying "Invalid Drive H:" when i am trying to install or uninstall any software. In my case H: drive is on network and i am having full access to it, so there shouldn't be any issue as such. I have Google out this error message and have gone through some threads but their cases are appearing to be different. I will like to know if there is anything that i can try out for fixing this error??

Re: Invalid Drive H:

I am getting same error message at boot, i used to have an external drive connected to my system with drive letter F but i don't use it anymore. I have tried connecting my usb drive, once it gets recognized it takes up drive letter F and things work fine as well but on reboot "Invalid Drive H:" message again. I don't know what to what to do further for fixing this issue. If anyone over here has any idea about this then please share it here, it will be very grateful.

Re: Invalid Drive H:

Amosz are you sure that you are having full access to Drive H in your case? i mean have you verified it before carrying out the installation and uninstallation task? If you're not sure then cross check it and let me know so that i can have better idea of your issue.

I am quite sure that i am having full access to H drive in my case, i use it for personal storage. I don't think there is something wrong because of insufficient access as i am using account from administrator group.

In that case you can try following below steps:
    • First disconnect old mapped network drive from Windows Explorer, run Command Prompt as Administrator, type "Net Use s: \\servername\sharename" and hit enter, Open Windows Explorer, click on 'Map network drive' menu item, select h:drive, type
    • \\servername\sharename into the Folder box.