Thread: Install error: 0xc00000e9 while reinstalling windows vista

Install error: 0xc00000e9 while reinstalling windows vista

I am trying to reinstall windows vista and i have booted my system using vista DVD but i dont know for what reason i am getting below error message after "Windows is Loading Files" message.

Windows Boot Manager - Windows did not start correctly.
    Info: Windows encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer. This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device while the device is in use.

Any idea what might be wrong?

According to the error your system is having some external/usb based devices connected to your computer which is not getting recognized by your system. If you are not aware of that external/usb based device then i will suggest you to turn off your computer and re-seat all connections to be at the safer side.

re: Install error: 0xc00000e9 while reinstalling windows vista

I forgot to mention that i am using a laptop, i am not having any external device connected to it rather than mouse. It is having SD and SM card reader but i cannot check them out as they are internal. Should i get my laptop checked from the service center? i am not sure but i think there is some kid of hardware issue going on, what will you suggest?

Ok, in that case you can try disabling your SD and SM card reader from BIOS and check out if you are able to get rid of the error. At least you will be able to find out if there is actually any issue with it or not. If that doesn't makes any difference then you can try repairing your system. You can refer to below steps for doing system repair.
    1. Reboot your system and as soon as it starts booting up tap F8 simultaneously until you get advanced boot menu
    2. Once you get in to advanced boot menu then select Repair your Computer > Click Next > click on "Repair your Computer" button.
    3. If it prompts you for selecting your language and keyboard input method then enter the required detail and click on ok.
    4. Scanning and repairing process should get started automatically. If you are prompted for restoring to an earlier date then you can use that as well.

Hope that helps!!

You can try out what ferguson has mentioned but if that doesn't makes any difference in your case and you still face the same error then i will suggest you to install Beta Client on your computer and submit your boot log if it is there so that i can get better idea of the problem you are going through. You just have to copy paste boot log in a notepad file and upload it here.

I have also the same problem error 0xc00000e9

I had windows vista 32 with 4gb of ram I bought 4gb more and I decided to install vista 64 bit I formatted my hard drive and not the quickformat the long one that takes 3 hours I used 2gb to make the install and tried three different dvd drives they were the master and still couldn't make it work
    I read about changing the sata mode, didn't work, unplugging usb drives didn't work, disabling the usb in bios didn't work, the dvd players read xp fine it just doesn't like vista anymore for some reason I hope you can help me

Salon de coiffure

Agréable après-midi Ã* chacun des contributeurs de cette communauté ,

En premier lieu , permettez-moi de vous montrer mon appréciation pour toutes les très pertinentes infos que j'ai trouvées sur cet fantastique site web .

Je ne suis pas convaincue d'être au meilleur section mais je n'en ai pas trouvé de meilleure .

J'habite Ã* Trenton, us . J'ai 32 ans et j'éduque 4 super enfants qui sont tous âgés entre huit ou 14 ans (1 est adoptée ). J'aime beaucoup les animaux et je fais de mon mieux de leur présenter les biens qui leur rendent l'existance plus splendide.

Je vous remercie Ã* l'avance pour toutes les excellentes débats qui suivront et je vous remercie de votre compassion pour mon français moins que parfait: ma langue de naissance est l'anglais et je fais de mon mieux de m'enseigner mais c'est très complexe !

A la prochaine

Arthru

re: Install error: 0xc00000e9 while reinstalling windows vista

Hello Mardhcp... I would like to make you know that this is English forum and all users as well are English. So we just cannot understand your language. I request you to please post your message again in English to that we can contribute our thoughts on the same.