Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't uninstall Windows Powershell 1.0

Vista Setup and Install

Old 18-03-2007

Can't uninstall Windows Powershell 1.0

I have a HP pavilion laptop which came preinstalled with Windows Xp and am trying to upgrade it with Windows Vista by using the HP upgrade dvds. When I was using the Vista upgrade advisor, then it told me to remove the Windows Powershell 1.0 before going ahead. So, when I was trying to remove it from the Add and Remove programs then window reports that windows powershell cannot be removed. I have tried to search for some solutions for this problem but I cant find anywhere. Any solutions?

Old 18-03-2007

Can you try to change the indicated registry value to 0 so that it will not think that it is already installed and then reinstall the Windows PowerShell. After that restart the computer and then retry to uninstall the Powershell.
Old 08-10-2007

that works

If you want to uninstall Windows PowerShell 1.0 in Windows Vista, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start, in the Start Search box, type appwiz.cpl, and then press ENTER.
  2. In the list of tasks, click View Installed Updates.
  3. In the Uninstall an update list, right-click Windows PowerShell(TM) 1.0 (KB928439), click Uninstall, and then follow the instructions to remove Windows PowerShell 1.0.
More suggestions given on this page - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928439
Old 27-10-2008

Re: Can't uninstall Windows Powershell 1.0

Even I have fixed this issue bu just renaming the Windows Powershell 1.0 folder in my Programs files and then delete the registry keys that was associated with it, which was something /Software/Microsoft/Powershell, although some did not get delete and then I changed the Install value to 0 and after that when I tried to do the upgrade then there was no issuse anymore of Windows Powershell.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: ,