Thread: Vista wont boot after install, DVD is not bootable either. Please help.

Vista wont boot after install, DVD is not bootable either. Please help.

This all happened about a week. I did an upgarde install of Windows Vista on a laptop which was running with XP earlier. Installation went fine properly, without any problem. But just after the installation completed, my PC doesn’t boot anymore. No matter what I do, it just don’t want to boot. Surprisingly even the DVD is no more bootable. When I insert and do boot from CD, it loops right there.

I also sent a mail regarding this to Microsoft but its been 3 days and no reply so far from them. So I came here hoping someone can help me out. If you need, here is my complete specification:
    • Asus A8Jm laptop
    • 1.83ghz Intel Core Duo T7200
    • 2GB DDR2 667mhz Ram
    • nVidia 7600 GO 512mB Video Card
    • DVD+-RW Rom
    • 10GB free space before upgrading to Vista

One thing I wanted to know, I read somewhere about Flat Vista install, what is it and could it help me?

re: Vista wont boot after install, DVD is not bootable either. Please help.

I strongly doubt the cause is your HDD space. As far as I know whenever you upgrade to Vista, it requires 15GB of space for the operating system and about 5GB used during the install for temp files. So it should be atleast 20GB free space on HDD whereas you have mentioned were having just 10GB.

re: Vista wont boot after install, DVD is not bootable either. Please help.

I have seen many posts on this forum with similar problems where users were not able to boot with their VISTA DVD and the cause were either some specific drive or their BIOS. Did you tried running the same DVD on any other machine? If try it, am sure it will booth properly. So its clear that the problem is with your System itself and not with the DVD, most probably your BIOS. So just contact your manufacturer or their website and see if they have any update or patch for the BIOS.

I had seen many ppl suggesting an bios update would fix this issue. Mine one is A8jc running 211 already. I even upgraded to 212 still same rebooting issue. Anyone can tell me exactly the version I sud get pls