Thread: Vista Repair Install compared to Windows XP Repair Install

Vista Repair Install compared to Windows XP Repair Install

I want to know why does Vista DVD does not has any Repair install feature. While Windows XP offers you a option when you boot with it. This is a bit weird to find. When I clicked on Repair I found some set of options where repair installation option was not at all available. Anyone knows why this changes in Vista. Thanks.

Did you tried F8. Is there any repair option provided in that. It right that Vista lacks a proper repair setup compared to Windows XP. The only way to resolve various system problem is to completely format your computer and install Vista from scratch. While a repair setup can simply replaces the damaged or modified system files without touching the applications. I hope this type of features must be provided in Vista.

Vista Repair options are very limited and there are quiet less chances to get a working system without formatting the same. Branded computers simply comes with a recovery partition that allows you to restore your system instantly by pressing some startup keys. Vista does not comes with any repair option. The one that you saw consist of system restore, cmd, and recovering your system by a image file. That's all.

This is a bit confusing to find that Windows Vista lacks this. I do not understand the intension of Microsoft behind eliminating the process of repair option. I thought Vista as a new edition of Windows must have something far more better.