Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

cd/dvd drive device driver missing at installation

Vista Setup and Install

Old 14-03-2007

cd/dvd drive device driver missing at installation

I have been trying to install windows Vista Home Premium 64bit on my system but while carrying out the installation i am getting an alert saying "cd-dvd driver cannot be found". I don't know what to do now? i never came across this error, i had installed xp on same machine several times and did not had any issue. It seems as if there is something wrong with vista, is there anything i can do about it??

Old 16-03-2007

RE: cd/dvd drive device driver missing at installation

No worries Bollea, i have faced same error previously and was able to sort it out. When installation process asks you for driver then click on Cancel. When you do so you will be redirected to welcome screen, now being on welcome screen take out installation disk, insert it back and click on "Install Now". You should not get the same alert again and installation process should go well.
Old 16-03-2007

Re: cd/dvd drive device driver missing at installation

I am not sure but i have come across some people saying that they were getting above error and the only solution that helped them out was changing DVD ROM drive from IDE to SATA one. If you dont get any help from the trick Chandranath has mentioned then you can try out this one, best of luck.Just post back the result after trying out the switch.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: , ,