Thread: Norton Internet Security 2007 - With Vista Compatability Patch - No Need to Remove & Reinstall?

Norton Internet Security 2007 - With Vista Compatability Patch - No Need to Remove & Reinstall?

I have Windows XP MCE installed on my computer and am also using Norton Internet Security on it. Recently I was notified that the upgrade Vista disk is going to come in few days. I was therefore installed the Norton compatibility patch for Vista on my computer and it installed properly and Upgrade Advisor told me there is no problem with it. So I was wondering if I got my upgrade disk then will it be alright to leave Norton in place at the time of installation. What I mean to say is that will I be able to remove Norton first and reinstall it after Vista or keep it as it is since it will save some time for me. Any ideas?

Re: Norton Internet Security 2007 - With Vista Compatability Patch - No Need to Remove & Reinstall?

Can you try to see if a file oscheck.exe runs at startup in Windows XP. This file is normally used to detect Norton to detect if the operating system has been upgraded to Vista or not. Incase the file is there then Norton will automatically upgrade itself to the Vista version and you wont have to reinstall it again.

Thanks for the information and yes I can confirm that it runs at the time of the startup, so does that mean I am all set up for the installation.

Incase if Norton Internet Security 2007 is not working with Vista then you can also download AVast or AVG antivirus which is fully compatible with it. I use Avast on my computer and it uses classic updates for signature database, but also relies on the Cloud. On the one hand, it has a reputation service that checks the safety of a file, and is constantly updated via streaming.