Thread: vista 64 bit and iPOd touch

vista 64 bit and iPOd touch

I have a Windows Vista System and last week I bought a new iPod Touch. Now the problem is I’m not able to connect my iPod Touch with this vista, every time it says me to get 64bit iTunes. I searched Apple but there doesn’t seems to be 64bit iTunes available.

Hence now I dual booted the system with windows XP as well just to use my digital camera and iPod Touch. Thought it is working fine but it is huge pain to switch between XP and Vista every time. And don’t know when Apple will launch support for Vista 64bit.

Is there any tweak or something we can make iPod Touch work with Vista as of now?

vista 64 bit and iPOd touch

First thing I did this morning was to see if maybe Apple had suprised us with a 64bit driver for X-mas. But then I remember why I switched to PC in the early 90's when Apple screwed its Apple II series users. BUT that's not the point of this post. I'm currently dual booting into 32 and 64 bit version of Vista Ultimate. I had to do a phone verification where I explained that I was in the process of upgrading from 32bit to 64bit. The only thing holding me back right now is my iPod Touch!

Re: vista 64 bit and iPOd touch

I don’t remember exactly where but once I found an article on Microsoft site in support for iPod problems with Vista. You should better search microsoft.com for the same.

Dual boot

I had to do a phone verification and actually explain to tech on the phone what was happening. I just installed Vista SP1 RC and had to reactivate 64 bit install via phone. Could not do online.