Thread: Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007

Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007

I have installed Vista Home Premium in my system recently and i did not had any kind of issue while installing it. Today i have tried installing Office Home and Student 2007 but i dont know whats going wrong, i have tried running the installer but nothing happens. I am not sure if i am doing anything wrong, is there anyone who can guide me out?

Re: Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007

You just have to insert Office CD, once it will get read by your system you will get a popup window with "Run Setup exec" option by default.So simply click on it and proceed with installation further.

I have tried running "Run Setup exec" but i am getting same response form it. No matter if i am running it using "Run Setup exec" or running the installer after exploring the installation cd. Just to check if there is anything wrong with my system i have tried running the installed in other machine but no luck.

I wanted to know if you have tried running the installer as administrator? If not then give that a shot and see if you are able to install it. Since you have mentioned that you have tried installing it in some other system i wanted to know if it was running on vista? if it was running on vista then try installing it on system running on xp and post back the result you get.

Yes i am running it as admin, i had contacted Microsoft support and they had suggested me the same workaround that you all have suggested. When i told them that these solutions are not making any difference in my case then they simply said that the DVD that ive bought might not be compatible with Vista. Currently i am not having a xp machine for to test out the dvd but i will surely give it a try as soon as i get hold of it. until then if there is anything else that i can try out further than so let me know.

Re: Installed Vista but cannot install Office 2007

All you need to do is disable the UAC, User Account Control, it will install just fine. Just another one of MS's fine little PITA.