Thread: CISCO VPN VERSION 4.8.02 WITH WINDOWS VISTA

Cisco Vpn Version 4.8.02 With Windows Vista

I am using Cisco VPN version 4.8 and if I am working from my home on my Windows XP machine then everything is working fine. But now that I have brought a Vista machine, I am not able to continue with it and I am getting an error message from Cisco that is giving some "reason 440" Driver Failure? Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Re: CISCO VPN VERSION 4.8.02 WITH WINDOWS VISTA

Can you try to search the Cisco forums for Cisco VPN and you will get many answer for the kind of problem that you are facing. After from that 4.8 version is said that it will work with Vista but you will find information on it that some people have it up and running by inserting a line or something in the config file and then they try to open different ports on their local router. So, you can try to get the Cisco VPN version 5.0 that is supported on Vista and it doesnt have the firewall code in it as well.

Re: Cisco Vpn Version 4.8.02 With Windows Vista

I have heard that Cisco has a beta VPN version for Windows Vista operating system and it also works properly. You can try to drop me a note and I will then email you the file if you need it.

Could you please tell me whether the beta version of the Cisco VPN you are telling, includes any kind of firewall or so?

Since its a beta version then yes it will have firewall and it will work flawlessly with Vista without any problem.

No, you are wrong, if you are telling that its a Cisco VPN version 5.0 beta then it does not contain firewall in it.

I also agree with the above, I have tried the Cisco VPN 5.0 and earlier beta and stable versions by using all the tricks that is listed and I was able to find and our VPN server said that there was no firewall or anything similar to it.

All you need to do is work with your firewall admin and have them to create a profile that will not require the firewall, because as you have seen, it will only just disconnect you in the end.