Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Upgrading Windows Vista Home Basic to Vista Home Premium

Vista Setup and Install

Old 01-03-2007

Upgrading Windows Vista Home Basic to Vista Home Premium

I am ordering a new laptop from Dell which will probably come with Vista Home Basic installed. Actually I need Home Premium edition but when is asked them for the same, they said the model I want will come only with Home Basic edition.

Now I?m thinking to purchase the laptop with home basic and later upgrade it to Home premium. Will it work? Hope there wont be any problem in the upgrade process? Please give some advice on this. Thank you.

Old 02-03-2007

Re: Upgrading Windows Vista Home Basic to Vista Home Premium

You should better the check out the FAQ for Windows Anytime Upgrade here http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...41b981033.mspx. but note that there are some limitations in the license for the Anytime Upgrade such as you can move it for once on a new system. hence instead of going with this Anytime upgrade, I?ll will suggest you to simply buy retail Vista Home Premium upgrade.
Old 02-03-2007

Re: Upgrading Windows Vista Home Basic to Vista Home Premium

I appreciate your help Gonzo but I?m located in Australia and this Anytime Upgrade is not available in my Country. I already checked that website but Australia was not in the list. Any other update.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: , ,