Thread: Installing RAID 0 Array on vista

Installing RAID 0 Array on vista

I have installed 32 bit of Windows Vista beta 2 on my Asus motherboard which uses the NVIDIA nForce4 SLI chipset. I have installed Vista successfully on my computer but am not able to get it to recognize the raid 0 array which has all the back up information on it. I have done everything that I can think of but nothing seems to be working for me. So can anyone tell me how to insatll a raid 0 array on Windows Vista? Thanks for any information.

I have a SATA and an IDE drive on my Asus A8V Deluxe mobo. I installed Vista Home Premium retail version on my IDE because of the problems with Promise raid and kept XP on my SATA. I could not see the SATA drive in Vista. I don't have the keys to validate the Vista install but at least I can play with it for 30 days.

Vista is apparently written on the Win 2003 code. There is no XP code in Vista. I took out my Asus A8V Deluxe MOBO disk and installed the Win 2003 driver for the Promise Fasttrak 378 Raid (tm) Controller. I was then able to see my SATA drive.

Maybe if you use the Win 2003 raid drivers when installing Vista to a computer with an Asus mobo your raid problems will disappear. I hope.

I am going to try doing the same when I get the retail version of Vista that I ordered.