Thread: Sonic Solutions DLA error message

Sonic Solutions DLA error message

I have recently installed Windows Vista on my computer and there is 1 problem that is faced by me on it, I am getting the following error message at the bootup:

"The Driver is blocked due to compatibility issues

Driver: Sonic Solutions DLA
    Publisher: sonic Solutions

I searched for this Sonic Solutions DLA issue and found out that it is one of the company that makes Roxio products. I checked my computer if there is some Roxio things installed on my system, but nothing was there. I never in my life used any Roxio products and dont understand why this error message is coming up. Any thoughts how to solve this problem?

Re: Sonic Solutions DLA error message

Perhaps you have Sonic software which is the same company. I think that if you have installed Windows Update KB929427 then try to remove it from your computer. This update is used to address a set of known application compatibility issues with Windows Vista. After you uninstall this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Re: Sonic Solutions DLA error message

The parent company of Roxio is Sonic Solutions, so by any chance have you installed Easy Media Creator on your computer? Usually, with a DVD burner that you might have, this software comes in a trial version similarly like Nero Burning tool. As for the KB929427 windows update, you can try to remove it and then check if the error message goes away.

Download a program called Autoruns for Windows from here which as the most comprehensive knowledge of auto-starting locations of any startup monitor, shows you what programs are configured to run during system bootup or login, and shows you the entries in the order Windows processes them. These programs include ones in your startup folder, Run, RunOnce, and other Registry keys. You can configure Autoruns to show other locations, including Explorer shell extensions, toolbars, browser helper objects, Winlogon notifications, auto-start services, and much more.