Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.

Vista Setup and Install

Old 05-02-2007

Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.

I have a 3.4 dual core cpu with 4gb of ram and 1tb of hard drive space and I am trying to install Windows Vista on it without any success from last 2-3 days. I have already opened my machine and checked all the parts incase if there is any kind of fault or upsupported hardware but still nothing seems to be working in my case. Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?

Old 05-02-2007

Can you please tell us what is your computer specifications like for example, what motherboard, brand of the hard drive whether it is Sata or PATA are there in your computer, how they are configured? Do you have any video card installed if so then have you updated its driver to the latest? At the time of the Vista installation where does the installation fail?
Old 01-01-2008

Incase if you have an older motherboard that doesnt support Sata hard drive then you can try to go into the BIOS settings and then try to set AHCI to IDE. After that disconnect all the usb devices or even flash drives that you might have connected on your computer and leave only the items such as keyboard, mouse and monitor plugged into the computer and then try to install Windows Vista on your computer and see if that works.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: ,