Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade hangs on install

Vista Setup and Install

Old 04-02-2007

Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade hangs on install

So far I was using Windows CP SP2 computer. Yesterday bought a Vista Upgrade disk to update my XP. When I ran the disk, followed all required steps and installation starts but just before the end of the process, the system gets freeze. I tried doing this various times but the same result, it hangs at the final stage. This exactly happens when setup starts in Vista loading bar. First time I left my PC with this loading bar for about 2 hours and it remained right there as it is. When I tried booting, it got stuck at crcdisk.sys.

Any help please?

Old 28-03-2007

RE: Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade hangs on install

Even I am facing similar problem with my system running with Asus M2N 1394 motherboard. When I ran the setup, it gets hanged at the green bar every time and no matter for how long I leave it there, it remains as it is. I thought Safe Mode can help me in any way but when I boot into safe mode, but it says cannot finish installation in safe mode.

Somebody please provide some suggestion. Thank you.
Old 22-02-2008

RE: Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade hangs on install

Its all related to your BIOS, guys. Try updating the BIOS. I had the same issue and tried EVERYTHING to no avail. Updating the BIOS did it.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: