Thread: VISTA autorun problem

VISTA autorun problem

This is windows Vista laptop I bought about a year ago. It was working fine until last week. Now don’t know what went wrong automatically, my Autoplay feature stopped working. I checked all settings under control panel and everything appears to be ok. As a workaround I tried running few genuine software CDs but no Autoplay option either in the right click context menu.

Somebody please provide some working solution. Autoplay stopped working all of a sudden. Many thanks.

RE: VISTA autorun problem

Just follow these steps to fix the Autoplay issues:

• Click Start, type "regedit" and press Enter
    • make sure to backup your registry before we start these steps.
    • In registery editor, navigate navigate to the following subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
    • Look down the list of option in the Right Hand pane of the Registry editor Window and locate the AutoRun option.
    • If the AutoRun value is 1 (one) then AutoRun is enabled. If it is 0 (zero) then it is disabled. To re-enable it, Right Click on the AutoRun option, Select Modify and in the Value Data box type: 1 (one), then Press OK.
    • If AutoRun is already enabled in this Registry key, then Locate the following Registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    • If you are unable to locate this registry key look for he following registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    • Look at the entry NoDriveTypeAutoRun (It is sometimes difficult to locate this particular option in the maze of other registry entries, therefore, I find that it is easier if one uses the Find option. Click Edit on the registry main toolbar and then, from the drop down menu, select Find. In the Find What dialogue box type: NoDriveTypeAutoRun and then click the Find Next button.
    • If the value of this key is 0xb5, then AutoRun is turned off. (or 255) then AutoRun is turned off.
    • To turn AutoRun back on, Right Click the NoDriveTypeAutoRun option and then Click Modify. Select the Decimal option then type: 91 (Ninety One) in the value box, and then press OK.
    • Finally Close the Registry Editor.
    • Insert a CD or DVD into the CD/DVD-Rom and, hopefully, it should now AutoRun.

RE: VISTA autorun problem

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Your solution worked. Thanks again