Thread: Error message - "Internet Explorer has stopped working"

Error message - "Internet Explorer has stopped working"

After when I upgraded to Windows Vista from Windows XP I am not able to connect to internet by clicking a link in any application or cannot even hit the "Web/Home" key on my keyboard. I am also not able to open Internet Explorer from the Start Menu. All I get is some kind of error message that says "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I am also not able to open and run Internet Explorer by choosing the "Run as Administrator". Can anyone help me with this problem. Thanks

RE: Error message - "Internet Explorer has stopped working"

I think that this issue is being experienced by so many users so far now and till now there is no workaround given for it. I am also waiting an answer from the Microsoft support team to get this thing working.

RE: Error message - "Internet Explorer has stopped working"

To solve this problem, you have to turn User Account Control off:

1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.
    2. Click Turn User Account Control off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box to turn on UAC, or clear the check box to turn off UAC, and then click OK.

Solution

You can also try to right click on the Internet Explorer icon from the Start Menu and then select to "Run as Administrator". What it does is that, it normally bypasses the User Account Control.