Thread: Vista Business-Clean Install-Hangs after First (1st) ReBoot during 'Completing Installation' HELP!!!!

Vista Business-Clean Install-Hangs after First (1st) ReBoot during 'Completing Installation' HELP!!!!

I am trying to reinstall windows Vista Business on my laptop, the installation process goes up fine until the system reboots after 'Installing Updates'. Just after that 'Completing Installation' runs for some minutes and gets hanged. At this time everything stops working and i dont have any other option rather than forcing my laptop to shut down by pressing power button. By now i have tried carrying out the installation process four times unfortunately Ive got same response every time. I am just running out of ideas, is there anyone who can help??

Re: Vista Business-Clean Install-Hangs after First (1st) ReBoot during 'Completing Installation' HELP!!!!

Hey Ben, when you're doing the clean installation , try loading the sata driver for your HDD before starting the installation. I read in a post that the system needs this driver @ the completing/upgrading installation part; but it does not promp you for this it just hang for hours waiting.

If that still doesn't work , install a lower version-basic/home premium- and then do a upgrade. But be sure the visit this link before you perform the upgrade :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946078

Hope this help you ben.

Re: Vista Business-Clean Install-Hangs after First (1st) ReBoot during 'Completing Installation' HELP!!!!

Rexx can you please tell me how to loads the sata driver for my HDD before starting the installation?? please tell me im having a big problem here... it goes through everything and just hangs while Completing the installation part** thank you

When you install Vista or Win 7, setup can not find your Hard Drive.
    • Copy your SATA drivers to a disk. (Floppy, CD, USB)
    • Click Load Drivers.
    • Click Cancel
    • Click Browse.
    • Choose your Sata Controller. Click OK
    • Click OK.
    • Click Unhide.
    • Continue with setup.

Thanxs Gajendra1..... but when you mean copy your sata drivers to a usb, im not really sure what my sata drivers are or where can i find them.. can you please tell me how to do that ?? sorry i know im a nooby.

Well to copy the same what I want you to do is just explore your MBoard CD for a folder called SATA/RAID or RAIDAnd then you have to open that folder and then copy all the files and sub folders from that particular folder to a disk.