Thread: Error code: 0x8007000D while installing Windows Vista Home Premium Edition

Error code: 0x8007000D while installing Windows Vista Home Premium Edition

When i am trying to install Windows Vista Home Premium Edition clicking on its setup.exe and then on "Install Now" then i am getting a pop up saying:

"Windows was unable to create a required installation folder."
    Error code: 0x8007000D

I am not able to make out whats causing that error.

I am facing same error, i dont know whats going wrong. I have contacted Microsoft tech support but they were of no help. Currently i am going through similar threads in other forums and will post back if i come across any solution. Until then if you find any solution to be working then let me know as well.

Just go through below things and make sure that you are not missing anything:
    • Your system is having 20GB of free space.
    • If you have downloaded Windows Vista than cross check and see if size of windows folder is 2.5GB approximately
    • If your system is having anti-virus software installed then disable / uninstall them for the moment
    • Hide all Microsoft Services and disable other non Microsoft Services in startup
    • Disconnect devices like printer or scanner if you are having them connected

I will like to inform you all that this error message liked to to STIERR_Invalid_HW_Type. It occurs when windows is not able to communicate with a connected scanner, camera, or other device. In my case i was having it connected to scanner. I simply unplugged it and carried out the installation and it went fine without any further issues. Other than this you should also check out the things that hsali has mentioned to be at safer side.

re: Error code: 0x8007000D while installing Windows Vista Home Premium Edition

I have a big problem.. My pc cannot start up.. I've done the troubleshooting for the error code 0x8007000D as suggested in your thread:

"Put the computer into a selective startup. Below are the steps.

a. Click on start --> In the start search or Run box, please type msconfig and hit enter.

b. Check on Selective Startup --> Uncheck the Load Startup Items --> Go to the services tab --> Check on Hide all Microsoft Services --> Click on Disable all.

c. Click on Ok and then apply. If you're prompted to restart the computer, please go ahead and restart the computer."

My computer failed to do the format and now its' stating

"Windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem.

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer
    2. choose your language
    3. Click repair your computer"

I tried it but it says

'' Start up repair cannot repair this computer automatically."

What can I do??? Please help me.. Waiting for your reply