Thread: Vista installation freezes after "Windows is loading files..."

Vista installation freezes after "Windows is loading files..."

I have been trying to install windows vista on my newly assembled system, I have tried booting ti from vista dvd but installation process is getting freeze after "Windows is loading files..." Is there anyone who has faced similar issue or has an idea regarding it? I need to install it as soon as possible so any help regrading this issue will be highly appreciated.

I wanted to know if you have tried out going through f6 routine for installing system drivers and then proceeding with the installation process? if not then try doing that first and see if you are able to install windows vista after that. You have to boot from vista dvd press f6 for entering the driver installation wizard, take out vista dvd, insert driver cd, point the installer to install drivers from cd, Once you have installed all drivers, remove driver cd, insert vista dvd, close driver installation wizard and continue with installation of vista. Hope that helps.

I tried following your solution Leonard but that's not helping, Installation process is still getting hanged after "Windows is loading files...". I wanted to share that i had gone through some forums addressing similar issue and had come across one who had faced same issue previously. He had mentioned that he was able to install vista over xp, i mean he first installed xp and then used vista dvd for installing vista. Currently i am not having xp cd but if anyone can confirm if doing that will work then i will arrange xp cd and will try out same workaround.

installation freezing ...

I dont think that should make any difference, anyways even i have come across people facing similar issue and have found one thing common in them. Most of them were having SATA and UATA drives installed in their system. Some have mentioned that unplugging SATA drives and carrying out the installation with UATA drives only goes smoothly, so if you are having similar set up in your system then try out what Ive suggested and let me know if you find it helping.

I am not aware of above tricks but i have faced same issue previously and in my case i had to reconfigure my IDE hard drives for completing the installation without problems. If you are having IDE hard drive in your case as well then make sure that it is as master where as DVD drive is as slave in your boot configuration.

Solution

There are different causes for this issue with different workarounds all over the web, just to share ive faced same thing and in my case i had to take out 2 ram sticks from my computer to for installing successfully. I dont know why it was not getting installed with 4 x 1 gb ram all together. So if you are having more than 2gb of ram then try installing vista with only 2gb and see i you are able to install it successfully like that. You can install other ram after installing vista.

Re: Vista installation freezes after "Windows is loading files..."

I agree to you ojohnsen completely for that, i had 3gb of ram in my system and i had to take out one for installing vista. I dont know why is it so and i haven't found a reason for that. I will like to know if anyone is aware of the actual story behind this scenario.

I sorted out the issue in my case, it was because of floppy drive,while going through the bios i found that floppy drive was enabled and in my case i wasnt using floppy, The installation process was waiting for a response from there and was getting hanged after failing to get it. I have installed vista successfully and having relief now.