Thread: Windows Vista Rollback?

Windows Vista Rollback?

Hi, I upgraded my Windows XP computer to Vista last month. Everything went fine but I’m facing too many problems with the same, such as software compatibility, lag, etc. So now I want to roll back to my windows XP which was working great since past 5 years without a single problem. Can anyone please tell me how can rollback my vista to Xp? Thanks for all your helps.

Re: Windows Vista Rollback?

Actually there is no Roll Back option in Vista. The only way to go back to Xp is by your MBR at a DOS prompt and then do a clean reformat and installation of Windows XP.

I have a small doubt here. Last week I bought a new Dell laptop that with Windows Vista whereas I wanted it with Windows XP because we do software testing and most of the softwares are not compatible with vista. So I asked Dell and they said that I can Roll Back my Vista to XP later. That’s the only option because they have stopped selling any laptop with XP, all comes with vista as well. They actually said me to go online to Microsoft’s website and rollback
    Vista to XP.

Its been just 4 days I received the laptop and haven’t tried out what they said about Roll back. But here you guys saying there is no such option to Roll Back. Who is correct and who is wrong? Please I need some more info on this because first I don’t have XP CD, I’ll need to buy one for so many dollars, second, I also think the factory can in no way possible turn into XP.

I request you guys to please give me some more info on this as I still have 2 to 3 days to return this laptop and get my money back.

Just to help you out buddy, I must that you have been cheated. Whoever guy told you that you can roll back by going online to Microsoft was wrong. There is no such option. Only thing you can do is buy XP Professional copy and do a clean installation.