Thread: Windows System Image Manager

Windows System Image Manager

I have created an answer File for Windows Vista Home Premium Edition using Windows System Image Manager and have installed it as well. After installing it the setup is coming up with logon screen for "Other User". So when I click on "Other User" then it asks me for "User name" and "Password", in my case guest and administrator accounts are disabled so I don’t know what to do here? Any suggestion?

Re: Windows System Image Manager

I think you might have skiped the OOBE part of setup because of which the setup is asking you to enable administrator account before you syspreped? If possible then create a admin account and proceed with the setup, i cant think of anything else that might help.

Mr.ken i have followed your suggestion and have created Administrator account but previously i forgot to mention that setup was not using Icelandic as default for "Time and currency format" as well as "Keyboard or input method" and i had to set them up manually. I thought it was doing so because i was not having Administrator account but even after creating one it asks me for "Which Language to install", "Time and currency format" and "Keyboard or input method". I have tried inputting "is", "IS", "IS-IS", "is-is" "is-IS", "0x040F", "0x040f" and 1039:00001039 in all locale-s but no luck yet.

I am not sure but i have come across one saying InputLocale is not the keyboard setting but it's UILanguage. He was from Australia and below is the setting he had used for getting rid of similar issue.
    • InputLocale = en-AU
    • SystemLocale = en-AU
    • UILanguage = en-US
    • UserLocale = en-AU

In sub folder SetupUILanguage
    • UILanguage = en-AU

You can try setting up similarly using UILanguage accordingly for your country, best of luck.

Thanks for sharing that Bollea, i was facing exactly the same issue while setting up Windows 7 on our WDS but after setting up things similar to what you have mentioned, i am not having any issue with system locale and time zone . Anyways i wanted to know if there is a way by which i can get rid of automatic update selection prompt, do you have any idea about this? have you came across it?

No i haven't come across that, i dont have much experience with windows 7 as well. I think you should better start a new topic for windows 7, as this board is for windows vista. I think people familiar with setup/install of Windows 7 here will surely help you out.

I have created an answer File for Windows Vista Home Premium Edition using Windows System Image Manager and have installed it as well. After installing it the setup is coming up with logon screen for "Other User". So when I click on "Other User" then it asks me for "User name" and "Password", in my case guest and administrator accounts are disabled so I don’t know what to do here? Any suggestion?
    Hey,
    I don't know the answer for that question, cause I'm far behind that.but I do have a question to ask you.How can I get a system image cd for my windows vista? thanks, and appreciated,ok.