Thread: Windows Vista Install.wim is missing error on setup

Windows Vista Install.wim is missing error on setup

I am getting issue while installing Window Vista RC1 on my pc. I am doing that through Vista installation DVD. While running the setup it stuck on the product key window. On that window I am getting a error that E:\Sources\Install.wim is missing. I do not understand how does the files are missing in Vista. I am also getting a 0x80070570 error code. I need some help to fix this and install Vista. Thanks.

I got the same error. I thought the issue lies with the DVD files so burned one more copy and the error still remains the same. There are some internal files which are missing and that is the reason we are getting the area. I will test the same by creating a separate partition and installing Vista on that. But if this a DVD bug then replacement is the only option which is left.

hey dude i got vista i downgraded to xp and i installed vista with dell recovery cd can u please help me i get the same error too what should i do ? please help me out

I am replying to everybody who can fix this problem if u know how plz help :)

Ok guys so first i had windows vista home premium then i downgraded to windows xp now i upgraded to windows vista home premium again because my mouse didn't work well. and also i upgraded it with a dell recovery cd before i downgraded to xp i had Hp dv6000 laptop model # is dv6636nr please help me guys i try to download burn .iso and boot it but i get error with it how can i install vista back again??

• OK GUYS so first i had windows vista home premium(wvhp)
    • then i downgraded to windows xp
    • then my mouse didn't used to work well in windows xp so i upgraded to windows vista home premium with a *DELL RECOVERY DISK*
    • now i downloaded a windows vista disk (.iso) from the internet
    • actually i downloaded it from
    • then i burned it and tried to install with it then i get an error called
    • E:\sources\install.wim has not found please prepare all the files and then restart or something similar to that
    • please help me how do i get back to my vista home premium hp
    • model# is dv6636nr
    • before i had wvhp installed on my laptop

Yes you will need to get a working DVD. The error is caused due to that. There is no way to add that file separately. And please do not make copies of Vista DVD. It is not legal. Better approach your vendor and ask him to change the disk. There are chances when you get this kind of errors and your system fails to install.

Hey guys i'm trying to restore my one friend's Dell XPS laptop and of course, she only has driver cds... i guess she lost her OS recovery cd somewhere.

but anyway, the problem I am having is the exact same one you were having "Windows cannot open the required file E:\Sources\Install.wim. File does not exist"

I downloaded a Vista recovery iso off of isohunt and burned at the slowest speed and am still getting this error, i followed the link to the thread you posted, but the thread has been moved.

Any quick fixes? Thanks