| || |
Join Date: Sep 2004
Vista RC1 installation error 0x80070570 solution
While searching the web I found several users struggling with Error Code 0x80070570 during installing Vista RC1. And so far I dint saw any working solution. As I too have been struggling with this error for many days, I finally managed to found a solution and thought to share here so that other users can also get benefitted with the same.
In my case, I found a Microsoft tool named Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel.exe to mount the ISO directly and run the setup. I did that but during the installation I found above mentioned error code and most probably the cause might be corrupted ISO while mounting or burning it to DVD.
When I checked the read me of this tool, I found mentioned “THIS TOOL IS UNSUPPORT BY MICROSOFT PRODUCT SUPPORT SERVICES”. But there is a way following which you can make it compatible as well as install Vista properly. Here is the same:
- Copy VCdRom.sys to your %systemroot%\system32\drivers folder.
- Execute VCdControlTool.exe
- Click "Driver control"
- If the "Install Driver" button is available, click it. Navigate to the %systemroot%\system32\drivers folder, select VCdRom.sys, and click Open.
- Click "Start"
- Click OK
- Click "Add Drive" to add a drive to the drive list. Ensure that the drive added is not a local drive. If it is, continue to click "Add Drive" until an unused drive letter is available.
- Select an unused drive letter from the drive list and click "Mount".
- Navigate to the image file, select it, and click "OK". UNC naming conventions should not be used, however mapped network drives should be OK.
Once done with this, you will be able to use the drive letter as your local CD Rom drive. Start the installation and hopefully you wont be getting any more error or problem.