Thread: Aero not available, PC is capable

Aero not available, PC is capable

I have installed Vista RC1 x64 version in my system and i am not able to see aero option in appearance and settings. I have installed latest nvidia drivers and my system is up to date as well. I dont know why aero option is missing. I will like to know if there is any solution that i can try out to get aero option?

Try following below steps:
    • Right click on desktop > Select 'Personalize' from flyout menu > Go to first set of options (Windows Color and Appearance)
    • Now at bottom click on hyperlinked text saying "Open Classic appearance ....."
    • Click on here and then in drop down menu you will see first option as 'Aero'.

RE: Aero not available, PC is capable

I was running in to same issue and i had tried out possible solutions for it, while going through a number of workaround i switched to 1280X1024 from 1920X1200 res and after that Aero was available and active. I thought that we wont get Aero option at 1920X1200 res but as soon as i switched back to it, it was there again. I dont know what was the issue all about but switching between these resolution brought up aero in my case. In case if you dont find above solution helping then you can try out what i did and check out if you are getting lucky like me.

Re: Aero not available, PC is capable

I think that it is because of start up sync issue, if it is so then Go in to services check out for 'Desktop Window Manager Session Manager', "themes" and try stopping and restarting them. At the end just make sure that you are having then running before exiting.