Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

VISTA installation load failure - BIOS is not ACPI compatible

Vista Setup and Install

Old 19-06-2006

VISTA installation load failure - BIOS is not ACPI compatible

I am trying to install Windows Vista Beta 2 on one of my desktops running with Via motherboard. Every time I start the installation, just after installation environment gets loaded, I get an error message saying:

“Windows failed to load because the firmware (BIOS) is not ACPI compatible

I don’t know why the error is saying about ACPI because I checked my MOBO’s specification and it has the ACPI support. Any idea what could be the problem and how can I get the installation completed? Many thanks.

Old 19-06-2006

Hello Klums, thought your Mobo supports ACPI, but is it turned on? You need to enable the ACPI from BIOS. Do it and try again.
Old 20-06-2006

Re: VISTA installation load failure - BIOS is not ACPI compatible

Wow, you are great jean. That really helped. Actually the ACPI was turned off in BIOS. As you said, I enabled it from BIOS and installation went fine.

Thank you.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: , , ,