Thread: Vista installation error 0x00000e9

Vista installation error 0x00000e9

When I am installing Windows Vista and am on the halfway installation of the same Operating system then I am getting an error code that 0x00000e9 that also says that windows has some kind of troubles communicating with external storage device. I dont have anything installed on the computer and have a dvd rom, hard drive, mouse, etc. Is there anyone who can tell me a way to fix this error? Thank you

re: Vista installation error 0x00000e9

I think that you will need to boot back to previous operating system that you were using and then search for all the partitions which might not be visible but you can go to start and then in run type diskmgmt.msc and then assign a drive letter which will make it to come back and then check for .log files. This log files may be of 5mb to 30mb in size and somtimes at they will be at vista partition in windows or inf directory incase the setup went that far. Now, just submit those logs to microsoft and you will get a proper response. Also you might need to change the folder options to make hidden folders visible again.

I was doing the installation on a raw drive which was having 80gb storage. I have also performed a low level format of this same hard drive and always get the error at the time of installation. When I asked microsoft about same then they are telling me that the post did not take and was under some kind of investigation.

You can use the SFC.exe program to help you troubleshoot crashes that occur in the user mode part of Windows Vista. These crashes may be related to missing or damaged operating system files. The SFC.exe program writes the details of each verification operation and of each repair operation to the CBS.log file. Each SFC.exe program entry in this file has an [SR] tag. The CBS.log file is located in the %windir%\Logs\CBS folder. You can get some more refrence from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228