Thread: Windows Vista error Winload.exe Corrupt

Windows Vista error Winload.exe Corrupt

I need some help in Vista Beta 2 installation. Somehow I am not able to install the same. I am using a Dell Dimension 8100 system. It is a old computer which came with Pentium 4 processor and 512mb ram. When I try to install the same I am getting a error that Winload.exe is corrupt. There was a error also 0xc000000e. How to install Vista.

Ensure that the windows edition that you are trying to install is proper. It is not corrupt or there is some kind of damaged file on it. Also verify your drive for bad sectors. It also happens that due to bad sectors the installation fails and did not work well. You can find your system related errors by running chkdsk.

That kind of issue appear when your system lacks appropriate sata drivers. I think you must check that properly. The dvd that you are using to format your computer might not come with relative drivers which causes the failure. There is nothing much you can do. And P4 is a very old system. It is better if you stick with Windows XP on it.

Try some other dvd. I will advice you to download a fresh copy of Vista beta edition one more time and check that it works fine or not. Also if your system is too old then it is always recommended that you must avoid adding a new OS. There can be tons of reason behind the failure. The most common cause is old hardware and incompatible drivers.