Thread: What does Installation Error APC Index Mismatch means

What does Installation Error APC Index Mismatch means

During installation of Windows Vista I keep getting the same error message: apc index mismatch. Could anyone explain this to me and how do I solve this problem.

Re: What does Installation Error APC Index Mismatch means

The name of the error indicates about a corrupted / disabled APC counter. If the meter shows a value other than zero, it is the source of the problem. This is more than likely a driver issue. Are you upgrading or clean installing Vista OS. How far into setup do you get before you get the error message.

No that shouldn't help. I was thinking it was the other way around. There isn't much loaded in the way of Windows when this happens which points to issues with either the media or the hardware. Was this media burned? You may want to try burning another copy. It could also be a hardware issue, with reading the media on that drive. Usually with this it's something, like motherboard, bios, processor, RAM, dvd drive, hard drive. The current IRQL should be 0. If not, a certain order of revocation of drivers can be the cause of the error. This symptom indicates a serious problem in the drivers of a third party.

Well I ordered the cd. I have tried two dvd drives and cd drives but the cd drives wont pick up the cd. I have an asus p5nd2- sli deluxe, with the latest bios, 1 gig kingston, p4 3.73 extreme, western digital 80g hard drive, sony dvd-rw drive and samsung dvd drive, would video card have anything to do with it. I have a bfg geforce 7900 gtx oc and an old pci video card. any of this have any known complications with install.

Remove and try with just the old video card. If Vista installs successfully you can reinstall the 7900. Upon restart Vista will detect the card and you can install the newest nVidia drivers. The 7900 is pretty new and is not supported by any but the most recent drivers from nVidia. Test your RAM for errors. Test the hard drive for bad sectors. Update your drivers and programs. Ensure that all equipment is compatible with the operating system.