Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

I can't get pass the password on a Dell Inspiron laptop, reinstall vista

Vista Setup and Install

Old 10-09-2011

I can't get pass the password on a Dell Inspiron laptop, reinstall vista

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and the user password file was missing. The CD does not work so I could not us the restore disk. I reinstall Vista to manufacturers condition, now I still need a password to get in. Has anyone had the problem and how did you fix it?

Old 11-09-2011

Re: I can't get pass the password on a Dell Inspiron laptop, reinstall vista

Usually when you run factory settings, some laptops has features not to delete your user profile, because of which your password is not removed. Now to get this work there is an solution. For this you will need Windows Vista Startup disk. You can create that from any working pc. Or else Windows Vista bootable disc also work. In this disc you get option to run cmd. In command prompt type net user. You will get the list of user accounts in your pc. Then type net user (nameofuser). Here you have to provide the name of user account of which you want to remove password. So the command is net user max23 *. Do not forget to put * after user name. Hit enter. You will be prompted to add new password. You can either type new password or just keep on hitting enter two three times, to remove the password.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: , , , , ,