Thread: How to create recovery partition with recovery image in vista to restore the system

How to create recovery partition with recovery image in vista to restore the system

I am willing to create recovery partition in my dell laptop running windows Vista for restoring the system in future, i have checked regarding it and have found that it is possible using recovery image but i dont have much idea about the same. Is there anyone having any idea about it and can guide me through the steps required for creating recovery partition ?

re: How to create recovery partition with recovery image in vista to restore the system

In that case you can try using an imaging software, there are different ones and you can use one of your choice. If you are not aware of imaging software then i will like to inform you that it can help you in creating a duplicate image of your system as it might be currently and will allow you to store on a separate volume as well. I will suggest you to create a separate partition for storing it in your system rather than storing it somewhere else.

Acronis is one of the best imaging software it will not only allow you to create a restore partition but you can scheduled it up to restore current image of your system periodically.Using Acronis You can create recovery partition, modify MBR as well as create images on external media as well. You dont have to create a separate partition for it in your system rather connect an external media and let your system image get created in it as per schedule. Even if your system gets crashed, you can easily have all your data safe in external media .

That seem more interesting, i will use Acronis and will store duplicate system image in one of my external hard drive. I also wanted to know the workaround required for restoring system from external hard drive having duplicate system image in case my system gets crashed and i loose data from my primary drive?

re: How to create recovery partition with recovery image in vista to restore the system

You can refer to below steps for restoring system from Vista Recovery Partition:
    • First Boot to WinRE using Vista DVD, once windows get loaded select language/keyboard options and click on
    • next.
    • Now in install Windows menu select "Repair your computer" and click on next
    • After that in System Recovery Options menu click on "Command Prompt" and type the path of your external hard drive for e.g "path x:\windows;x:\windows\system32" and hit enter, x is the letter name of your Vista Recovery Partition. Than enter below commands without quotes and hit enter after everyone.
    • Type "x:"
    • Type "cd tools"
    • Type "PCRestore"
    • When you get restore window opened then click on "Next" , Confirm Data Deletion, check mark beside "Yes option for reformatting hard drive and restoring and click on "Next" after making above changes.
    • Once the restoration process gets started it will take some time, so make sure that you are keeping an eye on format bar and not interrupting the process until you get a message saying "Click "Finish" to reboot system!"

Instead of talking about third party software packages, could you please simply address using Vista's disk management facility?

My main drive has a 5GB recovery partition that is not FAT32 or NTFS and it does NOT have a drive letter assigned. That suggests that one should select "Do not assign a drive letter or drive path" and should not format the partition.

This can be done easily with Instant PC Recovery it will create the partition for you and give you an F4 option. It

even allows you to do updates and create emergency DVD's and works with all windows operating systems

Thank you Jamel, instant pc recovery software is good for the non-technical user, it really works I recoverd my computer myself in minutes.

Re: How to create recovery partition with recovery image in vista to restore the system

You all can check out Instant PC Recovery software, i have been using it from long time and i think that is one of the easiest and effective Recovery software.