Thread: Deleted partition with disk management, can't get it back!

Deleted partition with disk management, can't get it back!

1 had 3 partitions in single hard drive of my system, i dint needed third one so i deleted it from disk management and it started appearing as "Free space" but now when i am right clicking on it and when i am following the steps for creating new simple volume then i am getting an error message saying "There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation." any ideas what might have went wrong? i dont want to loose that space.

RE: Deleted partition with disk management, can't get it back!

You can try repartitioning using your vista installation CD, you just have to boot with it and follow simple procedure for creating new partition in that free space.

Re: Deleted partition with disk management, can't get it back!

I have tried booting with vista installation CD and following the procedure for creating new partition in that free space but there i am getting an error message saying "error 0x8004240f". I dont have any idea about it, do you?

I had faced same error when i was trying to format raw space (green bar) Instead of unallocated space (black bar). So i just want to know if you are trying to create a simple volume in raw space or unallocated space? if you are doing it for raw space then i think you will have to delete it again and get unallocated space, you should not have any issue in creating new volume in unallocated space. Just check out what Ive asked for and let me know so that i can have better idea of the issue you are going through.

I have checked it out and its raw space (green bar) in my case. I have tried deleting it but I am unable to do that. When i am right clicking on the partition to delete it then "Delete Partition" option is appearing grayed out other option like New Simple Volume, New Spanned Volume, New Striped Volume are appearing fine. What should i do know?

I dont know why "delete partition" is grayed out in your case, anyways you can try out diskpart from command prompt, you just have to follow below simple steps:
    Go to start, type "cmd" without quotes in search.
    Once cmd appears in list, right click on it and run it as administrator.
    Now type below commands one by one and hit enter after every command
    diskpart
    help
    list disk
    select disk #
    (where # will be zero)
    list partition
    select partition #
    (where # will be your target partition)

You can try deleting the target partition using below command
    delete partition override
    If it gets deleted then close command prompt and cross check it out in device manager. Just make sure that you are selecting correct partition, Best of luck.

I have tried using diskpart through command prompt but the free space is not shown up with list partition command.It showed up for list disk command displaying 30 GB of free space but not in List partition. Is there anything i can try out further or Ive simply lost my 30 GB space?

Things are appearing weird in your case, i dont know why these solutions are not working out for you. You can try out a trick i.e. is creating small initial space, say 4 GB using quick format. If that helps then you can try expanding the partition later. I am not sure if this trick will work but you can definitely give it a try.

If you want then you can download and install BootItNG. It can help you in concerting the raw space in to unallocated space and after that you can proceed with creation of new simple volume.

BootItNG was a life save rossen, i have used it for converting raw space in to unallocated space and after that i was able to create new simple volume without any issues.Thanks a lot!!

i had the same problem ... but mine was worse i had a whole 77 gb .. which was unallocated partition ( free space - marked with green ) -
    thanx to Macarenas - your method worked fine .... i was scared to delete it again .. thoght id loose the 77gb completely ...

thanx again !!!