Thread: reformatting/vista reinstall attempt stops at "Completing Installation"

reformatting/vista reinstall attempt stops at "Completing Installation"

From a couple of weeks my system had started running slow and i was encountering bsods as well. I thought of reinstalling vista but now when i am booting from vista dvd installation process starts up fine but it gets stuck at "Completing Installation". I am not able to make out whats wrong, i have tried waiting for almost 3 hours but i dont see any progress. I have tried repeating the installation process twice but no luck, it doing same thing.I wanted to know what would be cause of this issue and what ill have to do to fix it?

Re: reformatting/vista reinstall attempt stops at "Completing Installation"

Your problem seems to be very typical to me. It might be possible that the 32-bit Windows vista which you are trying to install is corrupt and that is why you are not able to load the vista in your laptop. The problem might be with the Vista CD or the content in it i.e. the Vista setup file. But you have said that you are able to see mouse after your computer boots up and then it hangs, then there is a possibility that your hard drive might be having some kind of problem. I would recommend you to submit your Dell laptop to Dell's Service Center and get it repaired, rather then experimenting yourself. You might land up creating more troubles for yourself.