Thread: Virus, firewall, or registry problem blocking internet for windows update

Virus, firewall, or registry problem blocking internet for windows update

My system is running in to serious issue, my system was attacked by many viruses recently. In order to deal with them I have installed Norton antivirus,HijackThis and Malwarebytes. I have ran a through scan for getting rid of the viruses, have used HijackThis and Malwarebytes for getting rid of some registry keys. These software's were quite helpful in dealing with viruses and malware's but now windows update doesn't working. It either says “No internet connection” or “Already installing the update” when I try to use it. I want to know if there is anything I can try out to get it working, it was working fine when I was not having mentioned programs installed. I am not sure if any one of these program is interfering with my internet connections as things are just working fine when i am using Internet explorer.

Re: Virus, firewall, or registry problem blocking internet for windows update

Even i dont doubt these programs to be interfering with your internet connection rather i think that your system is still affected by some viruses. If you have use trail version of Norton antivirus then i will suggest you to try out full version of it and check out if it detects any remaining viruses of malwares in your system. On the other hand you can try reinstalling windows, it may sound weird but you have already ran in to serious issue with your system and i think starting from scratch will be a better idea in your case.

RE: Virus, firewall, or registry problem blocking internet for windows

I think JonathanD is right, if the same issue would have been with my system i would have tried reinstalling windows. If you want then you can try doing a system restore but i am not sure if that will help. If you dont find system restore making any difference in your case then better go with reinstall process. Just make sure that you are making clean installation, you can do that by either running setup program from current version of Windows on your computer or by booting from Windows Vista DVD, Best of luck.

Elieis if you want then you can download and install PC Health Advisor by ParetoLogic and run it for finding out cause of the issue and fixing it as well.