Thread: Lost "Repair My Computer" Option in F8 Boot Advanced Startup Options Menu

Lost "Repair My Computer" Option in F8 Boot Advanced Startup Options Menu

Last month I have bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop and it seems that a service or startup kept making my Vista system to hang at the Welcome Screen or if I got to the desktop then it would freeze with a wheel spinning and after some search I went into the msconfig area and disabled all the startup programs and stopped 3 Symantec related SERVICES. Anyways, the problem that I am now facing is that when I press the F8 key at the time of boot, I am not getting the "Repair My Computer" which used to show previously. Does anyone know whether this is proper or not?

Re: Lost "Repair My Computer" Option in F8 Boot Advanced Startup Options Menu

Can you try to create another user account on your computer adn log into that one and check if that works. If it is working then the old user account might be corrupted. Since you have an OEM operating system installed on your computer, so the boot options might vary from vendor to vendor. You will therefore have to use a DVD that matches the key type that you have, that is an OEM DVD because a retail DVD many not accept your key and the repair will halt.

Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer manufacturer has preinstalled recovery options, Startup Repair might also be installed on your hard disk. If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website. For more information visit this website - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...sked-questions