Thread: Vista install problem - Now stuck on Startup Repair

Vista install problem - Now stuck on Startup Repair

Its been just two weeks since I bought a brand new Sony Vaio VGN-NS11Z/S laptop for 1000$ and it came with Windows Vista 32bit Pre-loaded. Due to some reason I wanted 64bit os, hence I downloaded a 64bit ISO from Microsoft Bizspark. I burned the ISO on DVD and started the setup. It went fine until it asks for the product key. I entered the same and installation continued. But just about a minute later, the setup quit automatically and laptop restarted.

But instead of restarting the laptop, a problem started. My system wont boot at all now. Trying restating it various times but nothing happens. So I thought to repair my original system, when I click on System Repair, it says “Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically.” There few more options such as open Command prompt, restore from a system restore point but none of them are useful because I never created any restore point.

Now I don’t know what else can I do to fix this. Do anyone of you have idea regarding this? Please tell me some way to get it done, I just don’t want to waste my 1000 dollars. Please help.

Re: Vista install problem - Now stuck on Startup Repair

In such cases you have just two options left. First, you should call up Sony and request them to provide you restore media for your system. Most probably they will provide you the same for few dollars. Second, you will need to buy a new 32bit Vista CD and do a clean install.

Thanks for your reply. I’ll try contacting with Sony, hope they can provide me the restore disc. If not, though second option is not good for me, I’ll try out clean install.

Did any of you guys tried to find out whats the actual problem that is preventing to install the 64bit OS on his laptop? Instead you guys are talking about something else. Better Check with Sony and MS to see if your machine is compatible with X64. If not, find out what is missing and upgrade the same.