Thread: Need help to restore Windows Vista 32bit MBR

Need help to restore Windows Vista 32bit MBR

I had did some changes and due to which I had messed up with mbr. I need some help to deal with the issue. I am using a Windows Vista system. There are two hard drive installed on the same. Both are configured on RAID configuration. I had also installed Ubuntu on the same. So it is a dual boot system. After installing Vista everything was working fine. Then I added Ubuntu and Grub has overwritten the current mbr. I thought on boot I will get some kind of menu to enter ubuntu or windows. But I cannot find anything. There is no OS detected. How to fix this.

This is due to missing grub. You have to restore grub and the problem will be fixed. I think Ubuntu disc has some set of recovery options that can help you. Try to boot in recovery mode and then check whether it works or not. You can try to re-install Ubuntu. It hardly takes much time and then see that it fixes the bootloader or not. Just search on web how to fix grub or reload grub back in the mbr.

Try using EasyBCD. This is one of the best tool to fix issue with dual boot system. The bootloader is just a small file which tells the system about list of OS installed. There are number of grub fix tools available for ubunut also. Re-installing Ubuntu might sort out the issue and I think that is going to work really very well.