Thread: Adobe Flash Player 10 and Vista

Adobe Flash Player 10 and Vista

I have got Vista on my computer and I want to install Adobe Flash player 100 on it. I can see that the file seems to install and download properly and at the time of installation or after that I am also not getting any error messages and the Adobe website also tells me that the installation was done successfully. But the problem is that if I go to Youtube video then I am not able to play any videos. I am not able to see any flash player icon on the desktop and if I go to Start and then All programs then I am also not able to see the Flash Player as an installed program, but when I go into control panel and then add or remove then Adobe Flash Player 10 is on the list. Can anyone help.

Re: Adobe Flash Player 10 and Vista

Could you please tell us which browser are you using? You should know that there are usually 2 internet explorer browsers that are either 32 bit or 64 bit. So, incase you are using a 64 bit Internet Explorer then you wont be able to play youtube videos. You can go to C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\InternetEplorer\iexplore and then try to install the flash player, and it will work for you. There is no flash player yet for Internet Explorer 64 bit.

Re: Adobe Flash Player 10 and Vista

I dont know whether this is a 32 bit or a 64 bit browser that I am using, do you know from where I can get that information? In any case I have download and installed the new Google Chrome Browser and it was playing the youtube videos properly.

Internet Explorer sucks and glad that you have installed Google Chrome on your system. Anyways, if you want to solve this issue then you will need to download, unzip, open, and run this Debugger exe file from the Flash Player website here - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...0_ax_debug.exe