Thread: Bootmanager does not start Vista

Bootmanager does not start Vista

I’m having some serious problem with my desktop running with Windows XP and Vista Dual booted. Usually I work with XP more often and use Vista very rare when I require it. Its been now a month since I used Vista last time. Today when I tried booting Vista, I got a Black screen and nothing happened. I tried it 5 times but the same thing every time. No matter I leave the pc for an hour, it remains there on the black screen itself.

I booted on XP and ran VistBootPro to check if entries in BCD are still there, yes it is there and proper. Then what could be the problem? As a troubleshooting I also tried repairing the system with Vista boot CD, also ran Diagnose Boot problems but it dint found anything.

The only thing I got is while running bootrec /FixBoot. While I executed this, I received an error message saying “This volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers .” I thought system restore can System restore can fix the problem but it dint as well.

Somebody please help.

Re: Bootmanager does not start Vista

There is an utility called HWBOOT bootmanager I think this can help you. Just make sure that your every partition has to have it's own bootfiles, and it works only with the first drive. just give it a try and see what happens.