Thread: Microsoft 6to4 adapter problem and other problems

Microsoft 6to4 adapter problem and other problems

I am using Windows Vista computer since past 6 months. Today suddenly I received a Blue Screen for the first time. There was some message on the Blue screen but I only managed to read “windows needs to shut down so there is no damage to the computer.” There was something more written but before I read that windows restarted.

Later when I checked in the Device Manager I found Microsoft 6 to 4 adapter has a yellow triangle mark network adapters and there was a message saying “Microsoft 6to4 Adapter ROOT\*6TO4MP\0001 This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.” But this was working fine before.

One more problem am getting with this system is under Windows update Logs, there is a message stating “two updates have failed. Security updates for Microsoft XML Core services 4.0 services pack 2 (kb936181) and Security update for Windows Vista for x64 - based systems (kb958644).” Well I tried them reinstalling again but they get failed again.

So I request you guys to please provide me some working solution for all these problems. Many thanks.

Go to Device Manager, right click the faulty adapter and click on Update drivers. Point it to windows update to search the drivers. Just make sure you are connected to internet. If it fails yet to find the driver, simply right click and uninstall it. Restart the computer. If your system really needs it, it will install it automatically.

Re: Microsoft 6to4 adapter problem and other problems

Talk about resurrecting a dead post. did this work for you? I'm having the same problem. did it work for you? I cannot connect to internet via wireless device.