Thread: Download McAfee

Download McAfee

I am using Windows Vista, installed it just last week on this computer. Since yesterday I’m trying to install McAfee on the same but every time I try I get an error message saying “Java Script is not working properly on this PC” and am unable to download. The browser I use is Mozilla Firefox 3.

Do you guys have any idea what could be the problem? Please provide some advice to get rid of this. Thank you very much.

Re: Download McAfee

It may sound strange but I too had the same problem long back ago with Vista itself. I don’t think it was browser problem or something else but the compatibility issue.

Strange part is that I was getting Java Script error only while downloading McAfee but when I tried downloading Avast or Avira, there was no such problem. Hence I continued with Avast itself and its been about a year I dint had any problem with the same. So I’ll suggest you to stop struggling downloading mcafee like I did and download Avira or Avast. They are quite good with Vista.

Have you paid/bought McAfee license? If yes and you are facing problem then quitting it and going with Avast is obviously not a good idea. If you bought it than you should simply call up McAfee and explain them the problem. Also try using the default Internet Explorer browser and see if you are still getting the problem while downloading.

I have used McAfee for about 4 years including on XP and Vista both. So I have pretty good experience with the same and as far as I know you must have .NET Framework 2.0 installed on your system for using the same. Do you have the same?

If not, download it from Microsoft site and then try downloading/installing McAfee. It should work.