Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Vista Startup Repair cannot fix Ci.dll error

Vista Setup and Install

Old 10-11-2008

Windows Vista Startup Repair cannot fix Ci.dll error

My Windows Vista computer restarted on its own. There were some updates running in the background. The system restarted and popup a error on the screen. The error message was related to some ci.dll error. I had tried using Windows Vista DVD to upgrade the system and to fix the startup problem. But nothing helped. It looks that the startup repair is also not working here. The updates has caused the failure. How can I fix the same. Thanks.

Old 10-11-2008

I think startup repair cannot do anything in this. The issue lies with some internal .dll issue. The file might be added by Windows Update or it is related to some application in your system. It is necessary that you must run system restore at once. You can also try to get rid of the most recent Windows Updates that are installed in your system. I am sure they are causing the problem and removing them would fix the issue.
Old 10-11-2008

Just go with Startup repair a number of time. I am sure that is going to help you. Second thing if the issue does not lies with bootloader then there are number of different chances that can help you out.
Old 11-06-2009

re: Windows Vista Startup Repair cannot fix Ci.dll error

I had seen the same kind of issue on my system also. But yet there is not a valid solution that can really help. The error that I got cause Vista boot failure. I had tried number of different things to fix the same, but still it does not helped much. At the end the only option left was to re-install Vista back from scratch.
Old 11-09-2009

This is horrible situation. At this point the recovery disc does not offer you a high range of options. There are very limited things left that can help you to work well. You can use Vista repair disc to fix the system also. But if that does not work then the only option remain is to install Vista back again.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: , , ,