Thread: recovery disk of home basic sp1

recovery disk of home basic sp1

Hi, about a month ago I bought a brand new lenovo Y410 (7757 89Q) laptop that came with windows Vista Home Basic SP1 installed. Just few days later I installed Fedore Linux on the same with Dual Boot due to some office work. Now, as I don’t need linux any more, when I go to remove linux from the dual boot it asks me for disk to repair the boot sector.

The problem is I got just two CDs with this laptop where one is for drivers and another is Lenovo software package. There is no Vista disc or recovery disc. So can anyone please tell me how can I create a Recovery Disc for my Vista?

Also i wanted to know how can I re-install this vista as well? I want to do this because my C partition is only 30GB and I need to increase it due to some reason. I tried deleting my D partition from Disk Management but it is not getting high lighted when I try to increase C drive. So I think I will need to repartition while re-installing Vista. Please help.

Re: recovery disk of home basic sp1

First of all you should try contacting Lenovo customer care and see if they can provide you the recovery disk because working with Lenovo setup and their recovery partition is truly very difficult and complicated. Lenovo actually have the recovery system built-in in hard drive but if you need to work with this, you will have to do it with the fixed size C: drive of 30GB. If you want you can create disks from the repair partition and then delete the recovery partition using any third party Disk manager utility but am unsure if it will work properly with any other size of C: drive than the default 30GB.

BTW, for more info on Creating Vista recovery disc, you can see this posts:
    How to Make a Windows Vista Repair Disk
    How to create a recovery disk

First of all let me tell you that your Vista system is an OEM product and I doubt if you somehow created recovery disk using any third party tool, I don’t think it will work for your system as OEM products have limitation. You will probably require a generic oem/retail disk.

Thank you very much for all your helps guys. I really appreciate it all. I will look after all these things and also contact with Lenovo. Lets see if they can help me.