Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Install Vista with HP Recovery disk

Vista Setup and Install

Old 04-10-2008

Install Vista with HP Recovery disk

I have got a HP laptop and it is running on Windows Vista and I recently tried to use Vista repair tools to format it back to factory settings. So, I backed up all the files and then started the process with the restoration, but all of a sudden it just hanged in the middle of the process and gave me some type of error message relating to some boot files missing. So I called HP and they said that it was a hard drive problem and they also wanted me to shit it back to them and for all this process they were charging me 500 dollars. I was not sure about this hard drive problem so I ordered a Recovert disks from HP and verified that I can use them to put my purchased Vista 64 on any HP hard drive and they told me yes, it was doable. So, I purchased a new hard drive and have windows xp installed on the same. I then tried to install Vista on the old hard drive but it over wrote over Windows XP and put some files on there which I dont know what it is exactly. So, I just reinstalled XP on D: drive and had Vista on C: drive and it isnt bootable at all. So, can anyone help me how do I restore Vista back? Thank you.

Old 04-10-2008

Re: Install Vista with HP Recovery disk

You can try to do a startup repair of Windows Vista which will help you sort out the problem follow the below method:
  1. Insert the installation disc.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Click the Start button Picture of Start button, click the arrow next to the Lock button Picture of Lock button, and then click Restart.
  4. If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc.
Old 08-10-2008

Re: Install Vista with HP Recovery disk

You can try to read from the below threads on how to dual boot Windows Vista and Windows XP:

Dual boot Windows XP and Windows Vista
Dual boot XP + VISTA - before install
How to Use VistaBootPro to manage Dual boot

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: ,