Thread: The Parallel port driver service failed to start

The Parallel port driver service failed to start

I have got a computer that came preinstalled with Windows Vista Ultimate and it is giving some kind of an error right out of the box which says that "The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Event ID: 7000"

This is a laptop on which I am working and it doesnt have parallel port. I wonder whether there is a Windows Update fix for it?

Re: The Parallel port driver service failed to start

Did you find that error message in the event logs and if yes then just ignore it because it is not going to cause any kind of problems to your computer system.

Thanks for the reply but I dont know whether it is going to cause any problems for me or not. I am assuming that, incase there is any error in the event viewer then there should be some kind of issue anywhere in the system. So, therefore I am looking for a solution for this problem from anyone if it is going to be a problem in Windows Vista.

I have installed Windows Vista on my machine just some months ago and I was also seeing that error in the event log, since I have a parallel port and it is not being used so far. So I logged into the BIOS and then disabled the same port and the error went away. You could also try to do the same and see if that helps.

I have also seen that error before on my computer and to be honest I would say that its just a little annoying problem and nothing else that matters in the end, as it wont harm your computer anyways.

This problem may occur if the parallel port (Parport) service is enabled and if the parallel port is not connected. These errors can be safely ignored if you have removed the parallel port connector or if you are using a printer that is connected to the parallel port connector of a docking station. For more information, visit this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935497