Thread: iTunes cannot be installed in 32bit

iTunes cannot be installed in 32bit

I am running Windows Vista on my computer and am not able to install Itunes 64 bit version on the same system, when I try to install then I get the following error "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of the Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." Can anyone please help me to solve this issue?

Re: iTunes cannot be installed in 32bit

You will have to make sure that you are trying to install the latest itunes version, that can be downloaded from the apple website. Also did you make sure that you are trying to install the itunes software with an administrative account with full rights? The latest version of iTunes can be installed on any 32 bit or 64 bit version of the Vista operating system without any issues.

Re: iTunes cannot be installed in 32bit

Yes, I would recommend you to download and install the latest version of the Itunes because incase if you are trying to install it from any CD/DVD that you got from any apple product then it might be having an old version which is not compatible with Vista. So try to download the most recent version of Itunes from this website - http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

RE: iTunes cannot be installed in 32bit

You can get the iTunes 9.1.1 version that provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

• Addresses a conflict with some third-party software which may cause iTunes to unexpectedly quit
    • Addresses issues with converting songs to 128 kbps AAC while syncing
    • Addresses other issues that improve stability and performance

Download iTunes 9.1.1 for Windows 64 bit from here - http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....nes64Setup.exe