Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio

esfoad Guest

RE: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio

Hello All,This is my first post here. I've had this problem for months and was unsuccessful at finding a solution until yesterday. Here it is courtesy of: Jeff Leites  Posts: n/a Re: WMP11 for Vista can't play stream audio from internet radio Update - Later in the day the problem returned, and I tried somethingelse I found for a related problem in another forum:Opened Windows Medial Player. On the menu, selected, Tools, Options, Network. Changed the *Proxy* for Protocal HTTP from *Use Proxy Settings of the WebBrowser *to* Autodetect Proxy Settings*. It?s working again for now.We'll see for how long.  Thanks Jeff! This worked for me. I can now play XM Radio both in Media Center, WMP 11 as well as the XM Gadget from Build-A-Gadget. None of these have worked for the last 4 months. I have rebooted the computer twice since yesterday and all settings have remained. Furthermore, XM works in all programs. Hope this works for you too.

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Curtis Guest

RE: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio

Mine is fixed now, to. I ran this script and everything is back to working:

for %a in (%systemroot%\system32\wm*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %a

"esfoad" wrote:

> Hello All,This is my first post here. I've had this problem for months and was unsuccessful at finding a solution until yesterday. Here it is courtesy of: Jeff Leites Posts: n/a Re: WMP11 for Vista can't play stream audio from internet radio Update - Later in the day the problem returned, and I tried somethingelse I found for a related problem in another forum:Opened Windows Medial Player. On the menu, selected, Tools, Options, Network. Changed the *Proxy* for Protocal HTTP from *Use Proxy Settings of the WebBrowser *to* Autodetect Proxy Settings*. It?s working again for now.We'll see for how long. Thanks Jeff! This worked for me. I can now play XM Radio both in Media Center, WMP 11 as well as the XM Gadget from Build-A-Gadget. None of these have worked for the last 4 months. I have rebooted the computer twice since yesterday and all settings have remained. Furthermore, XM works in all programs. Hope this works for you too.
    >
    >
    > Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
    >

Re: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio

If you are having trouble getting sound from XM radio on your computer, despite the fact that sound--including streaming media--works fine on everthing else, try this.
    (1) Open Windows Media Player (I'm using version 10.00.00.4074, but I don't think that's critical.)
    (2) Click "Tools."
    (3) Click "Options."
    (4) Select the "Network" tab.
    (5) Under "Streaming protocols," be sure the box beside "UDP" is UNCHECKED. You can leave the boxes beside "Multicast," "TCP," and "HTTP" checked.
    (6) Under "Streaming proxy settings," choose "HTTP" as the protocol.
    (7) Click "Apply" and then click "Close."
    (8) Open the drop-down list of online stores by clicking the down-arrow on the upper left end of the Windows Media Player screen, and select "XM Radio."
    (9) When the XM screen appears, type in your e-mail address and password and log in as usual.
    (10) Make sure the volume is turned up on your computer. Select a station and you should be good to go.

NOTE: After I found this fix (unchecking "UDP" as a protocol) I noticed that for some reason, when I went directly to www.xmradio.com to log in, the streaming audio sometimes died after playing for a minute or two. That caused the screen to freeze, requiring a reboot.

After further experimentation, I discovered that opening the XM site from the Windows Media Player menu of online stores eliminated the problem.

Happy listening, and let me know if this fix works for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12