Thread: Problem with AVG Free 8 on Vista Home Premium SP1 and IE7

I had done with AVG setup. I am using AVG 8. There are two workstation in my office. The first one is Vista Home Premium SP1 and the second one has Windows XP SP3. Both system are newly configured. I had freshly installed Windows in them. On Windows XP things are working fine, but on Windows Vista there is some issue with the antivirus. I do not understand what actually happened. I am trying to remove AVG, but cannot get rid of it. AVG is not working proper on Vista. What should I do to fix that problem. Thanks.

To remove AVG there is a uninstaller utility that you can download from the official website. You can find that from AVG site. I am using AVG on my system from long time and it is working quiet fine. I have a Vista system. The name of that utility is awsclear.exe. Just download that and install it in your system. And instead of that get a better antivirus for Vista. There are ample of free tools that you can download from web and test. It is always recommended to use the latest edition so that you do not face any error.

I also agree that AVG has some issue with Vista. I had seen a number of people complaining about the same. But yet there is no option that can fix the problem. First the system will started freezing like hell. I have installed IE7 on my system. And AVG is also installed. When I try to print anything from the browser I got a error and the document does not print. But when I do the same by disabling AVG it works. I removed AVG and using a trial edition of Norton. Things are working quiet well here. There were some hotfix on web which showed that they might fix the problem.

I can confirm that I've experienced the same problem on an OEM Dell install of Vista Home Premium + post install SP1 with IE7 and AVG 8. I've even used the AVG install switches that don't install the link scanner (hidden switches, need to be used at command line, listed on AVG's site) and still cannot print from IE7. There's nothing added to IE, no toolbars, no addins apart from the basic Microsoft ones installed by the OS.

If you are not able to use that it is better that you avoid AVG. Vista has number of bugs related to many applications. You cannot do much in that. And about the printing stuff you must check your printer settings. Try to reconfigure the same and see whether it works or not. Disable UAC first and then check again.