|Tags: error message, safe mode, windows explorer, windows vista|
| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, Or File.
Re: Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, Or File.
I had face the same error on Vista Home Basic. I got that error a number of time even when I try to launch a application on desktop. I tried number of things like disabling the antivirus, removing unwanted apps, creating a new user account, etc. But still the issue lies one and the same. I had run system restore and thing went normal. Does anyone knows the reason behind this error. Thanks.
Re: WINDOWS CANNOT ACCESS THE SPECIFIED DEVICE, PATH, OR FILE.
Please follow the below steps and see if that corrects the issue:
1. Log on with an account with administrative privileges.
2. Open Start, Run, type control folders and press OK.
3. Click on the tab View, uncheck Use simple file sharing (recommended) and click OK.
4. Open Start, Run, type % SystemRoot% \ system32 \ GroupPolicy and click OK.
5. Select with the right mouse button a region free of the window will open.
6. Click Properties and select the tab Security.
7. Ensure that at least these users appear in that paragraph:
Administrators: Full Control.
SYSTEM: Full Control.
(Modify or create any of these users if they had the correct permissions or did not exist).
8. Click on OK.
9. Repeat steps 5 to 8 but by selecting with the right mouse button, each left hanging subfolders of the folder is open, typically are User and Machine.
10. Select the file Gpt.ini with the right mouse button.
11. Click on Properties and uncheck the Read Only (if it is enabled).
12. Click OK.
DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
AMD 64 x2 4800+
OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "WINDOWS CANNOT ACCESS THE SPECIFIED DEVICE, PATH, OR FILE."|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Windows cannot access the specified device path or file.||Janet.Kinman@gmail.com||Windows Server Help||14||03-05-2012 06:05 PM|
|Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item||green777||Operating Systems||22||03-05-2012 02:06 PM|
|Windows cannot access the specified device path or file||shadowplayer2||Operating Systems||4||18-03-2012 10:59 PM|
|windows cannot access the specified device path or file. you may not have appropriate permissions to access the item||gilsoffer1||Operating Systems||3||19-12-2010 06:57 AM|
|Windows cannot access the specified device path or file problem||Gilbert||Windows Server Help||5||25-01-2009 08:37 PM|